Wednesday, July 30, 2014

GRE

I've wanted to obtain graduate studies since I received my BEd many years ago. I looked back at the sea of graduate and doctorate candidates and knew then that I couldn't stop learning. In fact, at that moment I realized I didn't know much of anything.

Most USA schools require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) where students are tested in reading, writing and arithmetic. The test is not difficult but it is tricky and requires preparation. I'm dedicated the months of August-October to prepare and write this test.

You may ask what graduate program I want to pursue. Fair question. To which, I cannot reply. I'm looking at several. Obviously at my age, this isn't going to be a career move. It's an open road with many options.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie,

I did the GRE back in 2003. The most challenging part was the time limit, so practice is good. The English component was easy but the Math was a bit more challenging. I found that I could solve many of the math questions by drawing a picture, but could not create an equation with more than one variable to save my life. Practicing the technical writing was important for me, with the 45 and 30 minute deadlines in effect at that time. Unfortunately for me, the two topic choices for creating an 'argument' were terrible and I had to choose the least aversive (to me). However, the end result, miraculously, was more than satisfactory. Good luck - I'm sure you'll ace it. Rose